Yesterday Brian and I actually got out of our apartment and did something on a weekend night! This is not a regular occurrence for us (unless we're in GR), so it definitely is something of note to write about here. Our big adventure was to see the Calvin Women's Chorale perform at North Hills CRC in Troy. I've been getting postcards, e-mails, and bulletin announcements about this concert for a while and had mentioned to Brian that maybe we could go. When I got home from work on Saturday, he had decided that we were going to go to the concert.
The trip there was pretty uneventful, but we did get to see some suburbs that we've never been in before. The church was definitely different than what I thought it would be, but it was a great place for this concert. The choir did an excellent job and it was nice to go to a concert again. We grabbed a cookie afterwards, but then headed home since we didn't know anyone in the choir. We made the mistake of taking Southfield Fwy. home and ended up in a traffic jam by 96. Not so fun, but it didn't last for too long. It was definitely nice to get out of the house and do something different for a change!
No comments:
Post a Comment