Friday, June 6, 2008

Green Thrifty Acres

Last night Brian and I decided to go to Meijer to get some groceries. We have very little food due to trying to eat it all before we moved. Instead of wasting expensive gas to go next door, we walked in the almost 90 degree heat. It took us about 10-15 minutes to walk. The air conditioning inside was wonderful!

We did our shopping, although we didn't get everything we needed since we had to carry it home. Since we had already helped save the environment by walking, we decided to go the extra mile and bought some of the reusable bright blue bags that Meijer just came out with. We then walked home with our groceries in bright blue bags.

It is nice to know that I won't be collecting way more Meijer plastic bags than I need now. I just have to remember the bright blue bags when I go now. It also was too hot of a day to do that much walking especially when it involved carrying groceries home. We'll think about it a little harder next time. :)

No comments: