Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Libraries

In case anyone doubts the usefulness of a library, I'm here to prove you wrong. Perhaps I am a little biased because of my future profession resting on the usefulness of libraries, but I don't care.

Monday began the Internet saga. I discovered I had no Internet in our new apartment because AT&T didn't actually do anything when Brian called last week to set it up. This sent me on an afternoon trip to Panera Bread, being the only place I knew that had free wireless. After googling for libraries in the area, I discovered the Canton Public Library but had run out of time to see if they had wireless Internet to use on Tuesday.

Tuesday I discovered that our Internet was working in our apartment! Yay! I spent all day Tuesday in our apartment except for a walk to Meijer and a trip for donuts at Tim Horton's across the street.

Wednesday morning I woke up to my Internet working once again. I checked a few things and then had breakfast and took a shower. When I returned to my computer to work on two large assignments that are due this evening for my online class, I discovered that something had gone wrong with our Internet service and all the customer service woman could tell me was that it wasn't supposed to be hooked up until next Monday.

Because of these pressing assignments that are due later today, I now find myself in the Canton Public Library (which is absolutely gorgeous!) using their free wireless Internet. If you thought a library wasn't useful, here's proof that they are!

No comments: