Well, it's Monday and I'm once again in the library. Our Internet still does not work, so I'm still spending my entire day at the gorgeous Canton Public Library. I probably shouldn't complain since I do love libraries, but it would be nice to be at home doing my massive amounts of homework.
This weekend was pretty fun although we didn't do anything highly exciting. Here's what we did.
Friday: I ventured to Brian's work to have lunch with him. It's a large place with spike strips that requires driving on a five-lane highway to get to. I'm glad I'm not the one to go there 5 days a week. After Brian was finished with work, we did some shopping. We went to Staples and bought an L-desk for our office and bought a Father's Day gift for Brian's dad (which will remain nameless). When we got home, we watched "The Second Chance".
Saturday: We slept in! We then went to Target and bought lamps and a tub mat for our apartment. We also bought my Dad a Father's Day gift (which will remain nameless). We had lunch at home and then went back to Meijer to get the rest of our groceries. And we forgot the new bright blue reusable bags. :( In the evening we tried to watch "The Patriot" (it skipped a lot). We went for a walk down a gravel road behind our apartments.
Sunday: We went back to Dearborn CRC. We saw an old friend of my sister's who is marrying a girl from the church. Quite disturbing to have someone actually know my maiden name! For lunch, we went to the house of a family from the church and stayed most of the afternoon chatting. It was fun to eat dinner again with young kids (2 & 4). We went home, I did some homework, we watched some TV, and went for a walk/jog after it stopped raining.
This coming week we're coming home! Wednesday night through Friday afternoon, Brian has to go to Mankato, Minnesota for work. Instead of flying back to Detroit, he got a flight into GR. That means that after I drop him off at the airport on Wednesday evening, I'll be driving home and staying with my parents until Brian gets there. We'll spend the rest of the weekend with his parents. We'll also get to celebrate Father's Day with our dads. I'm very much looking forward to going home.
No comments:
Post a Comment