Tuesday was a rather slow day for us. We took it easy and didn't do a whole lot because some of our guests needed to catch up on some work and we didn't have a whole lot planned. In the afternoon, I took the girls to the grocery store to get some snacks and other things for the rest of the week. We also went to the best cake shop in town to pick out some cake for Katie's birthday since we hadn't had any yet. Justin got his wish of carrot cake even though I had never actually seen it here before.
Wednesday was quite a busy day for us, but we were well rested from Tuesday. We left on time in the morning and drove the the concentration camp at Dachau. I had been there before, but it was interesting to go through it again with people who had never seen anything like it. We spent several hours of the morning going through the whole thing and reading the signs that they have posted all over.
Once we were done, we ate a bit of lunch in the parking lot and then headed over to a parking lot by the train station where we could park our car for free and then take the train into the heart of Munich. I was not too excited about driving into Munich, so it was nice to be able to take the train. We had an interesting experience when we were buying our ticket because there was a man who really wanted to sell us his ticket (I wasn't going for that!) and then he was yelling at us (for everyone else to hear!) that we were on the wrong track to get into Munich. Thankfully, we decided to get some food at McDonald's before we got on the train and by the time we were done, the man was gone.
Once we got into Munich, we wandered around and looked at different buildings and things. It was a beautiful day and a nice one to just kind of wander around. We stayed in the center of Munich for a while and then headed to the island in the river that runs through Munich. The boys had a lot of fun taking some pictures there.
Kyle got this funny picture of Katie and I just before we found a store that sold dirndl and lederhosen which I told them about.
We discovered this strange bull statue with a flat back, so of course we had to take a picture!
The McDonald's in the center of Munich was pretty cool with the different languages on its sign.
I like this statue on the peak of one of the roofs...a boat!
We ran into a farmer's market type thing and I had to take a picture of this stand for our niece, Erika.
We met a friend of Justin's sister, Jenna, for dinner. His name is Sebastian and he lives in Munich and met Jenna when they were both studying in Australia together. He took us out to eat which was quite nice because his German is obviously much better than mine! It was interesting to order in a different part of Germany because the food was quite different from where we live even though it is only about 2 hours away. I didn't know what most of the things were because they weren't familiar! Katie needed a picture with a beer (actually a Radler - half beer, half lemonade) since she hadn't taken one yet.
After dinner, we headed back to our car via the train and the made the 2 hour drive back home. We played a trivia game in the car because I needed someone to keep talking in order to keep me awake to make the drive home. My passengers did a great job of talking the whole way home!








1 comment:
Katie looks drunk after a 1/2 glass of radler...not good if that is all it takes
Post a Comment