The weekend after we went to Copenhagen, we were actually at home! This hadn't happened for quite a while, so it was nice to do things with people who live around here that we hadn't done anything with for a while. There was some new expats here from Detroit that I had never met, so we did things with them and Gus and Lindsay. Brian knew Sandeep and Nidhi from Detroit and it was nice to finally put faces with these names. They are originally from India, but worked and lived in Detroit for MTU and had recently moved to Aiken, SC where MTU has a new plant. They are here for about 6 months and then will move back to Aiken.
On Friday night, we had a grill night. We had all sorts of different kinds of foods including s'mores! I had been wanting these, but there are no graham crackers here. Since Brian had gotten home from Mankato that morning, he had brought some graham crackers and we were able to have s'mores! It was fun to spend some time with friends.
On Saturday, Gus went with some friends to do the klettersteig that him and Brian had started with their friends previously. Since Brian was pretty jetlagged after his quick trip to the States, he decided not to do that and hang out with the rest of us who were planning to do not quite so strenuous activities. We started the morning by heading to the floh markt to find some deals on things. We then headed to the Dornbirn area to do some hiking. There is a canyon with bridges through it that you can hike on, but when we got there, we discovered that there had been a massive avalanche and most of the trail was closed. I'm glad we weren't in there when the avalanche happened because there were rocks covering everything!
Instead, we walked on some other paths through little towns and along a stream. It was quite warm and I had never zipped my new pants into shorts, so I finally did that. Lindsay thought it was pretty funny that I was zipping my pants off and here's the picture Brian took of us.
The boys also had to show us how strong they were.
We could walk partway to the canyon along some bridges on the edges of rocks and over the stream, so here's a picture of the others. This was a first hike for Sandeep and Nidhi, so we had to take lots of pictures of them. :)
While walking through one of the little towns, there were some pretty cute sheep, so we asked the owners if we could look at the sheep. I think they thought we were pretty funny because we were so excited about the sheep, but I'm glad we got to see them!
After the hike, we headed into Bregenz for some dinner at a Mexican restaurant that Sandeep and Nidhi had been to. It was the first time that Brian and I had eaten Mexican in Germany and it was actually very good! A great end to the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment