Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to 2 special people

33 or 53 years ago was a special day for my brother and my Mother. In keeping with the tradition Beth and I started while in Germany, here is your birthday cake picture. I decided to get a large one because there are 2 Birthdays and this of course calls for extra goodness. I am not sure if it is a good thing I have to eat this all by myself or not...I guess it is a good thing I ran (over 6 miles) today and I plan to do the same thing again tomorrow.
For those wondering what it is like...
It is a Milka cake/Tort. I ate 1/2 of it today...it is very rich as the top is like a Milka candy bar. The inside is like a layered cake with frosting in the middle - it was a frozen Tort so the cake part is more like a the frozen cake than a regular baked cake (hard to explain). The bottom is like a giant wafer cookie. The out side is lined with little ball like Milka chocolate.