The hike up the mountain was quite nice. We took our time and it wasn't too cold until we got to the top where there was still a bit of snow. It was also quite windy at the top, so we tried to stay in the sun, but out of the wind. We walked around to look at the animals a bit and the boys went all the way to the top of the mountain instead of just to where the top of the cable car is.
Here's some pictures from the top.
Beth, Katie, Justin, Shawnna
Katie decided that she wanted to take the cable car down the mountain, so I said that I would go with her (then I didn't have to hike down the mountain either!). The other three decided that they were going to jog down the mountain. Katie and I took the cable car and then were able to sit in the car to eat lunch while we waited for the others. We actually didn't wait too long because they came down the hill quite quickly. Their knees hurt a bit by the end, but they enjoyed their run down.
Once we got home, we had a few hours to shower and for them to work on packing and laundry before we had reservations down the road to eat dinner. We had a really good dinner and were able to get all the laundry done before we went to sleep.
On Saturday early morning, I drove the 4 of them to Memmingen where they got on a plane to Malaga, Spain where they spent the next week before the Gunninks went on a cruise and the Bultmans headed back home to their dogs. We had a great time with them while they were here and were happy to share our life here with them!


No comments:
Post a Comment