Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Markets - Friedrichshafen

This past weekend, we went to the Friedrichshafen Christmas market twice!  We weren't doing anything on Friday night, so we decided to go check out the Christmas market.  It had just opened that day, so there were a lot of people there!  We walked around all the booths to see what they had and then decided to get some waffeln.  The waffeln were pretty good!  We didn't take our camera, so we didn't take any pictures that night, but we ended up back there on Saturday for lunch, so we took some pictures then.

On Saturday, we tried to go to the Langenargen Christmas market.  It's a very small town next to ours and their Christmas market was just this past weekend.  I had never looked at what time it started and we ended up being there about 3 hours too early, so we decided to go to the Friedrichshafen market again.  We did go back to Langenargen on Sunday afternoon though and got to see the Christmas market for a bit.

We had lunch on Saturday at the Subway in Friedrichshafen (a little American food every once in a while is nice!).  We then headed back to the Christmas market because we wanted to get something sweet for dessert.  We ended up at the chocolate covered fruit booth.  I got chocolate covered grapes on a stick and Brian got a chocolate covered banana on a stick.  They were very good!  We didn't take any pictures, but we hope to get them again, so we'll take some pictures then.  :) 

While eating our fruit, we checked out the best part of the Friedrichshafen Christmas market - the Nativity!  We had seen this the night before, but couldn't take any pictures because we didn't have the camera and it was too dark. 

The main Nativity part was pretty standard except for two children that we're not entirely sure who they are supposed to represent.


The BEST part of the Nativity was outside of this little area.  There is another fence around the Nativity that holds sheep!!  There are 3 adult sheep and the cutest little baby sheep!!



I decided on Friday night that I wanted to cuddle with the little baby sheep, so I needed to figure out a way to steal it so that I could do that!  I haven't come up with any good ideas yet, but I have until December 19 to figure something out.  Any suggestions are welcome!

We then took some pictures for my mom's class because we are going to be teaching them about the Christmas markets sometime before Christmas.  We thought they would enjoy seeing the candy/nut booth.  :)


We also got some potato/sausage thing at this booth that cooks it in these HUGE pans!


And of course, a few pictures of the Christmas market in general.



No comments: