Sorry it's been a little while since I've posted! We went to London this past weekend from Thursday until Monday. I've wanted to put up pictures from our trip, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting them to face the right way. Hopefully I can get that fixed soon and I will post some blogs about our weekend there. I've also been busy with a lot of laundry since we came back. :) I've got it all under control now and even have the ironing done!
Our most recent big news is that we bought a car! We've gone three months without a car, but it is starting to get quite cold and it is often rainy. This makes taking our bikes less enjoyable and we'd like to be able to go places nearby on the weekends with more ease than we've had so far. Brian started looking online for a car and found one. He went with several coworkers to see the car before we left for London and decided that it was a good car for us, so he put a deposit on it so that they would get the necessary inspections and hold it for us until we got back. The man he was buying it from also spoke no English, so the coworkers were definitely a big help in the whole process!
On Tuesday, the man brought the car over and Brian and a coworker finished the deal. Yesterday Brian went with the coworker to get the license plates and all the other paperwork done for the car. We just have to pay the insurance now and we will be all set!
All I really know about the car is that it is a manual, diesel, VW Golf Kombi. If you want to know more, ask Brian. :)
The next step is for me to learn to drive a stick shift. I've never done it before, so this will be rather interesting. I want to be able to drive the car when people come to visit since Brian won't always be with us when we go to see things. I'll let you know how the lessons go. :)
In other news, the leaves on the trees have finally started to change here! I took some pictures this morning of what I can see outside our balcony. They're beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment