Thursday, November 11, 2010

Apartment Updates from the USA!

This week Brian's replacement in Detroit came to FN for the week to meet people and work with Brian.  Since he has a good standing with the airline, he was able to take some stuff from the States over here for us.  This means that our apartment is starting to look a little better!  We had ordered curtains and a mobile crane and we finally got them hung today. 


We ordered these curtains from Target because we have been unable to find the right size curtains for our living room here.  They are almost the exact same color as our green couch, so they work out perfect!  We went to OBI last night to find curtain rods to hang them from and these worked out perfectly!  Now I have to make some tie-backs for them since we were not too excited about any of the ones we found at the store.  It's so nice to have a little more color in our living room!

This is a paper crane mobile that I ordered from my cousin and her husband.  They recently started a business of selling these handmade mobiles and other handmade things our of their home in SC.  Check out Wabi Sabi Studios on etsy.com to see what they have.  I was proud of myself because we found a "command adhesive" type ceiling hook for this and I was able to hang it all by myself today!  It looks great with our green and brown couches!  It's nice to have a touch of family in our place. 

Brian's replacement also brought us printer ink (since apparently German HP ink doesn't work in US HP printers) and I was able to print out a few more pictures to put in the frames we bought at IKEA a while ago.  Just one more to fill now!

It's nice to have some of these house things starting to come together now that we've been here for over 3 months now.  I'm hoping to have most things done by Christmas so I don't have to think about these things anymore once we get back after Christmas.

No comments: