It has felt like fall here the past little while, so I decided I wanted to bake something fall-ish. Today I made apple muffins because we live in an area with lots of apple orchards. The past week or so a farmer has been taking his tractor pulling carts of apples from the orchards just to the east of us back to his barn which is just west of us. It is fun to watch him go back and forth, but not the greatest to ride our bikes through all the mud he tracks on the road. :)
The muffins were originally going to be for our book study group, but the day was changed and we couldn't go any longer, so I decided to make the muffins anyway since I had already bought the apples. I was going to bake them yesterday, but had a run in with a bunch of fruit flies, so that occupied most of my day instead. I was finally able to make the muffins today and they are by far the best thing I have baked since moving here! I got the recipe from allrecipes.com and took the suggestions from some people to change a few of the ingredients and add a topping. They are so good! I wish I could share them with you (or perhaps I don't...).
Here's some pictures of the amazing apple muffins.
No comments:
Post a Comment