Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crazy German Weather

I know we've lived here for almost three months now, but I still have yet to figure out the crazy weather here.  Yesterday was a good example.  It was gorgeously sunny for most of the day (which it hasn't been in a long time) so I thought that I would go for a walk.  When I looked outside again, I realized that it was pouring rain!  It had rained during the night and kept raining on and off (quite hard) throughout the day even though it was sunny!  Needless to say, I never took my walk because every time I looked, it was raining in the sunshine.  When Brian got home from work, we did walk to the bike shop and the bank and completely avoided the rain.  When we got back to the apartment though, it started to rain.

Since it was so sunny and clear enough to see some of the mountains, I decided to take the camera along and take some pictures of a few things we saw and the mountains.

 The Buchhornerhof (a hotel down the street from us)
 I like seagulls.

 Amazing clouds...they got even crazier after we got home!

 Snow in the mountains...perhaps we'll have to learn to ski while we're here.

We were quite proud of ourselves in our little adventure downtown because we were able to give someone directions to Cafe Aran (the place I went to use the Internet the first month we were here).  Here's the conversation (sorry about misspellings in German):

Lady: (somthing in German we couldn't understand)
Me: Sprechen sie English? (Do you speak English?)
Lady: Yes. (doesn't repeat question for us in English)
Brian: Wie bitte? (What did you say?)
Lady: (laughing at us because we asked her to speak English and then Brian replied in German) Do you know how to get to Cafe Aran? (except the word "cafe" sounded like "coffee" to us)
Brian & I: (very excited because we know where that is!) Go along the lake until just before the harbor/Zeppelin Museum and you'll see it.
Lady: Thank you!

Anyway, we get very excited when we can actually help someone out, so it deserves to go on the blog.  :)

No comments: