Monday, July 19, 2010

Packing

It's amazing how much organization it takes to move across the ocean for 2 years!  We have less than 2 weeks until we fly out to live in Friedrichshafen, Germany for 2 years.  Tomorrow the movers come to pack and take our stuff that will be taking a long boat ride across the ocean.  It will take 6-8 weeks for the stuff to get to us there.  I've been in the process of getting everything ready for the movers and moving the rest of our stuff back to Grand Rapids to be put in a storage unit.  Brian and his dad made a trip out here Saturday to get some of our furniture and we hope to get the rest of it to Grand Rapids in a few trips this week.  Our bedroom is full of the stuff that we will be taking in our suitcases on the plane with us.  We'll be living with all the stuff in 5 suitcases and 2 backpacks until the beginning of September when our stuff on the boat arrives.  Since our apartment has been in a continual state of disorganization for quite a while now, I thought I would take a few pictures before the movers come so you can see how we've been living.  I can't wait to be in Germany with all our stuff so that I can find it all again!

A wide view of the living room - this is all going on the boat.
Our bikes - boxed and ready to go!
Some of the suitcases we've been living out of - no more dressers!
We lost our bathroom counter somewhere!
The random pile of Brian's socks that have been living in the hallway for about a week.  :)

No comments: