As you may know, I have been completing my master's degree in Library Science with an endorsement for School Media Specialist. After 3 years of working on this degree, I can officially say that I am finished! This semester I completed my practicum at the Garden City High School library which was my last class. I am officially done with all of the work for the class and now just have to wait for grades to be posted and I will officially have my master's degree.
It is nice to finally be done with school after P-12, college, and a master's degree. It is nice to not have to continually think about homework and what needs to be done next. I can enjoy evenings with my husband without having to worry about homework.
The only thing left for me now is to turn in the paperwork to add the School Media Specialist endorsement to my teaching certificate. I have to wait for grades and degrees to be posted before I can turn in this paperwork.
I will not be participating in graduation because I have taken most of my classes online and do not have a physical connection to any of the teachers, students, or the actual school. Rather than spend the money to get a cap and gown that I will never use again, I decided that I would just not walk in graduation and celebrate on my own instead. We did a bit of that with my sister this past weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment