So...you may be wondering what I'm doing with all my spare time since I'm out of school for a month (until Jan. 12!) other than posting quite often on this blog. I do have a life, although not much of one if you ask Brian. I've been catching up on my reading and am thoroughly enjoying myself while doing it. Here's what I've read so far:
1. "On Rough Seas" by Nancy Hull
Nancy was my Calvin advisor and friend and this is her first published novel. It was great!
2. "The Green Glass Sea" by Ellen Klages
A great YA novel taking place at the top secret location where the atomic bomb was made.
3. "A Midnight Clear" by Katherine Paterson
A collection of short Christmas stories Paterson wrote for her husband's Christmas sermons.
And here's what I'm reading/planning to read by Jan. 12:
1. "Plus" by Victoria Chambers
The story of a premed student turned plus-size model. An ARC I'm reading for work.
2. "White Sands, Red Menace" by Ellen Klages
The sequel to "The Green Glass Sea" about the atomic bomb.
3. "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Barbara Robinson
I read this story every Christmas and have to again after the kids at church did this last week.
4. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
I've owned this for probably 5 years and have never read past the first one.
Any other suggestions? I think this will keep me pretty busy, but I'm always up for more suggestions!
1 comment:
I read some of the book the boys enjoy just to keep up on what they are reading. Matthew enjoyed the Eragon series and I did too.
-Uncle Todd
Post a Comment